Thursday, December 4, 2014

2015 Challenge Accepted!

I recently stumbled upon Kater's Acres blog and have decided to take the 2015 Polymer clay challenge.

For the challenge, I am committing to make one new floral cane each week. There are 52 weeks in a year, so that will challenge me to come up with 52 different types of flowers.

Wish me luck! I think I should be alright for the first few weeks, but after that, I may be coming back to you and asking for ideas. So get ready! (jk - but if you have any, throw them my way).

I'm excited about this undertaking for two main reasons:

1. I imagine by week 52, I should be making some pretty cool canes. After that much practice, it's inevitable, right?

2. ^^ I LOVE the jewelry that comes from floral canes. The photo above is a new necklace that I haven't even posted yet, but wanted to share here. The petals are a gradient going from light to dark purple, which are outlined in black. The entire flower is set on a pure white background and shaped to look like it's blooming right around the pendant.

So, throughout the year, I'll be posting updates on how this little experiment is going. You'll also start seeing a lot more flowers blooming in my Etsy shop!

Do you have something you want to challenge yourself with in the new year? Let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for starting it! I'm excited to see what everyone creates!

      Delete