Thursday, October 30, 2014

Creepy Crawly Accessories -- They are not just for Halloween!!

With it being the day before Halloween, aka Mischief Night, I think the timing on this post is just right. Yesterday, I was doing a little light reading on the latest in accessory trends.

Okay, full disclosure, I was flipping through slide shows on the computer. :)

What I came across surprised me, at first. According to InStyle magazine, one of the latest fashion trends for Fall 2014 is "Critters and Crawlers." And they are not talking about the cute little butterflies or lady bugs.
This slide show is full of beetles, spiders, bees, and even Cicadas. The exact type of bug that we go out of our way to avoid! If a real one landed on you, you might put on an embarrassing display of jumping, while swatting at yourself, in a vain attempt to shake it off without actually having to touch it. But in this case, you would choose to hook one of these buggers on to yourself voluntarily. And not only that, you would also pay to do it!

Top of the list is a Vera Wang Collection Large Beetle (pictured above in my facebook post. At just over five inches long, this is one big bug! And with the large size, also comes a large price tag. This piece weighs in at a hefty $295! Next on the list, are adorable little bug earrings at a much more affordable $12. The list goes on to name off ten more insect accessory pieces. For the full list, you can visit this link.

Wondering what the Facebook world had to say about this, I decided to pose the question to my audience. Surprisingly, this looks like it is a go and the more I think about it, the more into the idea I am. I'm already starting to get ideas for my next piece..

No comments:

Post a Comment