Monday, October 20, 2014

What is that thing called??

If you've seen me out and about, you've probably noticed one of these things stuck in my hair. As a mother of three, its the fastest way to get ready in the morning without having to sport the dreaded "messy ponytail." It's easy to do and covers you should you run into anyone during your dash to the grocery store. This look could even roll right into a night out. Have I mentioned it's my favorite style?

For the longest time I have worn one without even the slightest clue what it was called.
It was just fine for me to call it a hair thing, barrette, or hair stick.

Once I started selling them in my shop, I knew that I needed the actual name for it!


It's a hair slide! 

Maybe you knew that, and if so, congrats. For me it was a brand new term. 

Coming up, there will be a full demonstration of how to use these on the tutorials page. 

For now, here is the simple explanation:
  1. Gather hair in your hands as if you are getting ready to put in a low ponytail by the base of your neck.
  2. Twist hair and pull it up toward the top of your head
  3. If hair is long enough, you can fold your twist back down over top of itself
  4. Place hair slide on top of twisted hair, making sure that twist is centered in the slide
  5. Insert stick through the holes on either side of the slide to lock hair in place - this is important: make sure when inserting the stick that you push through the hair behind the twist as well.
  6. Enjoy your look! Trust me, it's easy to do and looks great for going just about anywhere!  

No comments:

Post a Comment